Whether you are purchasing our oils for their health benefits and taste or to use as an essential ingredient, Blue Earth Olive Oil is perfect for both cooking and finishing. We use it for everything: roasting vegetables, making sauces, dressing salads, and drizzling over barbecued or roasted meat. We even make muesli with it.
We suggest you:
- Drizzle over scrambled eggs, then top with fresh herbs
- Swirl on top of pumpkin soup
- Toss through steamed green beans
- Dress a summer tomato salad
- Pour over mashed or riced potatoes
Some of Our Favorite Recipes
Olive Oil Seed Crackers (Gluten free)
- 1 cup cornmeal or instant corn masa flour or Whit Star Maize Meal
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup Linseeds/flax seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup boiling water
Mix all together
Place mixture on two well oiled trays. Use a sheet of baking paper the size of the tray on top of the mixture and use your hands to spread it out thinly.
Score it with a knife to make it easier to break into crackers. Sprinkle salt flakes or grind rock salt liberally on the top.
Bake at 150 degrees C for about 40 minutes until they have turned golden.
Baked Feta with Tomatoes and Spaghetti
(Adapted from Dish Magazine, March 15, 2018)
- 2 punnets mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Chilli flakes to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried or a handful of fresh oregano
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 200 gm feta, sliced into 4
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C fan bake
Put the tomatoes and all the remaining ingredients except the feta in a large bowl and combine well. Tip into a shallow baking dish and nestle the feta among the tomatoes.
Spoon some of the juices over the feta. Roast for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are coloured and starting to collapse and the feta is golden.
To serve: Place the pasta in the pan alongside the tomatoes and let everyone help themselves. Top with sliced fresh chilli, Italian parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.